Live Animals transportation as Cargo:
- A charge of $125.00 plus taxes per kennel is applicable.
- All shipments of live animals as cargo must be prepaid.
- All cargo shipments, including kennels, are subject to space availability and are not guaranteed on board.
- PETS MUST BE PREPAID AND CANNOT AT ANYTIME GO AS COLLECT.
- Holiday Embargo December 15 – January 6 Inclusive against carriage of any animal kennel.
Unit 104- 5200 Miller Road
Phone # 604-279-0345
Hours of operation:
06:00am- 8:00 pm Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur and Sat
06:00am – 12:00 Midnight Fridays
08:00am – 3:00 pm Sundays
- Must be approved for air transportation
- Hard-sided carriers for cargo compartment, no metal crates will be accepted.
- Kennels cannot be collapsible or foldable.
- Must be leak proof, escape proof and the door must fasten securely
- Be adequately ventilated
- Clean and free from offensive odor.
- Wheels must be removed or taped to prevent rolling.
- It is recommended that ice only be placed in the kennel as water will spill and become messy for the animal.
- All animals must be able to stand up and turn around in a complete 180 degrees in their kennel.
- Must have absorbency pads to line kennel
- Animals of comparable size, which are from the same litter or used to co-habituating together may travel in the same container. The charge is per kennel. Maximum combined animal weight cannot exceed 61 lbs. Animals exceeding this weight (max 14kg or 30.8 lbs. each) must travel individually.
Although Hawkair shall make every effort to protect live animals during transport, Hawkair shall assume no liability for live animals due to adverse weather conditions including and not limited to extremes in temperatures.
The baggage compartment on Hawkair’s dash 8 aircraft is heated through filtration of heat from the passenger’s cabin. Therefore, temperatures can drop to below freezing during winter operations