Hawkair offers a number of services for people with disabilities. The identification of your special needs, at the time of booking, will help us to serve you better.
Special Services available
- Assistance in boarding and deplaning.
- Assistance stowing and retrieving mobility aids.
Special Needs Information
More Assistance: Please let us know at the time of booking if you require extra attention, such as requiring simple pre-boarding and deplaning assistance (e.g. teenaged first time flyer, senior citizens).
Pregnant Guests: All woman up to 36 weeks of pregnancy are welcome to fly. Travel after 36 weeks will not be permitted to fly for the safety reason of mother and child.
Guests with Allergies: Hawkair allows cats, dogs, birds and rabbits in the guest cabin. Although we do our best to minimize the impact from this by keeping the animals contained throughout the flight, our aircraft is a public environment and we cannot guarantee that allergens (dander, etc) will not be brought on by other guests. We do not serve peanuts as snacks, however, we may occasionally have other snacks with nuts as part of their ingredients (e.g. walnuts, cashews or Brazil nuts).
Guests bringing Medications on board: Guests should take any prescribed medication on-board with them. Hawkair Pilots and Flight Attendants are not permitted to administer or give out any type of medication. Guests who may require medication during flight and are unable to administer it themselves will be required to travel with an attendant.
Guests who require syringes for medical circumstances and will be transporting these items in their carry-on luggage are recommended to also bring the medication which needs to be administered by a syringe. The medication needs to be in a container with the name of the medication and the name of either the pharmacy which dispensed the medication, or the manufacturer of the medication.
Guests Traveling with an Escort/Personal Attendant:
- Hawkair considers an escort/personal attendant to be an able-bodied person, 18 years of age or over, who is capable of fully attending to all the physical needs of the guest during the flight, and is not responsible for the needs of any other guest on that flight.
- Guest who require and escort/personal attendant are: guests who are unable to look after their own needs before/after and during a flight, and/or require assistance to evacuate the aircraft in case of emergency.
- An escort/personal attendant must be able to assist the guest with meals, medication, and use of the toilet and in case of an emergency assisting them with evacuation from the aircraft.
- Hawkair does not provide escorts/personal attendants. It is the responsibility of the guest to provide the appropriately qualified individual for the level of care they need.
If an escort/attendant does not meet these criteria, the guest (and escort/attendant) will be denied transport until the guest is able to travel with an escort/attendant who meets the criteria.
- The escort/personal attendant must remain with, and be seated next to the guest.
- It is not necessary for the escort/personal attendant to be medically trained.
- Guests travelling with an escort/attendant will be offered pre-boarding.
- Guests may request one person to be their escort/personal attendant from the originating city, and a different one returning from the destination
- Escort/personal attendant needs to fill in the requirement form at check in.
- A Hawkair Agent will assist the guest to/from the boarding gate to the aircraft; the escort/personal attendant must be able to assist the guest through security and to the baggage carousel.
- In Vancouver the escort/personal attendant and guest will be able to ride in the golf cart to the escalator or elevator. From there the escort/personal attendant will be responsible for the guest.
- Other guests with Special Needs: (e.g. guest is developmentally delayed, or guest has other medical conditions, etc.) please contact our Reservations Department directly for assistance and additional information.