Knives, hunting rifles and bows and arrows for sporting use are not permitted in carry-on baggage under any circumstances. They may be transported in checked baggage as long as all sharp objects are securely wrapped to prevent Screening Officers and Baggage Handlers from injury. Firearms must be unloaded and securely locked and have been declared at the air carrier check-in counter.
Firearms may be accepted as checked baggage only. They are considered part of checked baggage allowance. Travelers transporting firearms must fill out a firearms declaration. The firearm must be unloaded with a locking device mechanism or trigger lock on the weapon. The firearm must be packaged and locked in a specially designed opaque case that cannot be easily broken into during transport. If a passenger is carrying a firearm please tag it accordingly. Firearms are only permitted in carry-on as per the conditions outlined on the form if they are a peace officer or escort.
Ammunition may be accepted as checked baggage only. It must be packaged in the original box inside the suitcase cushioned by clothing. Ammunition must be packaged separately from any firearm. Ammunition allowance is 5kg (11lb) per passenger. Only shells and cartridges are acceptable types of ammunition. Gunpowder and gunpowder pellets are strictly prohibited. Ammunition may only permitted in carry-on as per the conditions outlined on the form if the traveller is a peace officer or escort.
- Antlers/Horns: $50.00 plus GST. Checked baggage only, weight limit 70 lb. The antlers/horns must be clean and well wrapped in absorbent material with all points covered.
- Bounty: (meat) part of checked baggage allowance.
- Raw game meat /fish may be accepted as baggage/cargo only if packaged in a leak-proof container, ie: waxed lined cardboard boxes.
- Antlers will be a charge of $50.00 plus GST.
- Gun cases are no charge.
- Fish (frozen or fresh) may be accepted as baggage/cargo only if packaged in a leak-proof container, ie: wax lined cardboard boxes.
- We do not accept ice, or dry ice. We will accept gel packs.
- Fish that is packed in Styrofoam containers will NOT be accepted
- Any and all items may be opened to examine contents and packing methods. If the contents
- If the item leaks at all, it must be refused.
- Wax lined cardboard boxes can be bought at most fishing supply stores