Vancouver to and from Terrace/Kitimat and Dawson Creek
Envelopes and Lettermail
Transportation charges for shipment are based on actual weight or dimensional weight, whichever is greater. Download Cargo Rates.
|0.5 – 4.5||1.0 – 10.0||$44.00||$2.20||$46.20|
|5.0 – 10.5||11.0 – 23.0||$54.00||$2.70||$56.70|
|11.0 – 15.5||24.0 – 34.0||$66.00||$3.30||$69.30|
|16.0 – 20.5||35.0 – 45.0||$76.00||$3.80||$79.80|
|21.0 – 25.5||46.0 – 56.0||$86.00||$4.30||$90.30|
|26.0 – 30.5||57.0 – 67.0||$95.00||$4.75||$99.75|
|31.0 – 35.5||68.0 – 78.0||$105.00||$5.25||$110.25|
|36.0 – 40.5||79.0 – 89.0||$115.00||$5.75||$120.75|
|41.0 – 45.0||90.0 – 99.0||$125.00||$6.25||$131.25|
|45.5+||100.0+||$2.81/kg or 1.28/lb plus GST|
How to Calculate Dimensional Weight
Measuring Volume of Overlapping Edges
Measuring Volume of Cylinders
Measuring Volume of Irregular Shapes
Measuring Dimensional Weight based on Volume
The formula for calculating the dimensional weight for all commodities is 166 cubic inches per pound (6000 cubic centimeters per kilogram or 366 cubic inches per kilogram). Multiply the length by the width by the height to obtain the cubic inches (cm).
- To obtain the dimensional weight in kilograms, divide the cubic inch volume result by 366.
- To obtain the dimensional weight in pounds, divide the cubic inch volume result by 166.
- To obtain the dimensional weight in kilograms, divide the cubic centimeter volume result by 6000.
If the dimensional weight is greater than the actual weight, use it to calculate the transportation charges.
It measures 14″ × 16″ × 16″
14 × 16 × 16 = 3584
3584 / 166 = 21.59
Rounded up to 22 lbs.
It measures 45cm × 45cm × 50cm
45 × 45 × 50 = 101250
101250 / 6000 = 16.8
Rounded up to 17 kg
Download measuring guide.
Special Condition & Surcharges
Dangerous Goods are not acceptable for transport on Hawkair.
Must be shipped in an acceptable container, are subject to advance arrangements and subject to a handling charge.
Live Animals Shipped as Cargo
A charge of $125.00 plus taxes per kennel is applicable. All shipments of live animals as cargo must be prepaid. All cargo shipments, including kennels, are subject to space availability and are not guaranteed on board.
Holiday Embargo December 15 – January 6, inclusive.
PETS MUST BE PREPAID AND CANNOT AT ANYTIME GO AS COLLECT
Must be shipped in appropriate animal transportation devices such as kennels, handling fee and taxes apply.
- Must be approved for air transportation
- Hard-sided carriers for cargo compartment, no metal crates will be accepted.
- Kennels cannot be collapsible or foldable.
- Must be leak proof, escape proof and the door must fasten securely
- Be adequately ventilated
- Clean and free from offensive odor
- Wheels must be removed or taped to prevent rolling
- It is recommended that ice only be placed in the kennel as water will spill and become messy for the animal
- All animals must be able to stand up and turn around in a complete 180 degrees in their kennel
- Must have absorbency pads to line kennel
- Animals of comparable size, which are from the same litter or used to co-habituating together may travel in the same container. The charge is per kennel. Maximum combined animal weight cannot exceed 61 lbs. Animals exceeding this weight (max 14kg or 30.8 lbs. each) must travel individually
Although Hawkair shall make every effort to protect live animals during transport, Hawkair shall assume no liability for live animals due to adverse weather conditions including and not limited to extremes in temperatures. The baggage compartment on Hawkair’s Dash-8 aircraft is heated through filtration of heat from the passenger’s cabin. Therefore, temperatures can drop to below freezing during winter operations.
Any freight being shipped on Hawkair into/out of Vancouver will be handled by Airco. Please have all cargo to the Airco location a minimum of 90 minutes prior to flight time to ensure it makes your required flight.
All shippers/couriers must have all documentation required for the air waybill.
Airco Transportation Services
Unit 145, 4840 Miller Road Richmond, BC V7B 1K7
Hours of Operation
|Monday to Saturday:||06:00am to 8:00pm|
|Saturday:||09:00am to 3:00pm|