After working 12 crazy Christmas travel seasons at Hawkair, Director of Corporate Services Jocelyn Lebell shares 5 great tips to make holiday travel easy for you and your family.
- Book the kids for FREE. Traveling with the family can be expensive, especially during peak holiday periods. Hawkair makes family holidays easier now that Kids Fly Free all year, even at Christmas!
- Avoid wrapping gifts. Leaving gifts unwrapped makes it easier for security to check them, and avoids disappointment of having them tear into your beautiful wrapping. Be sure to bring items like jewelry, electronics, or other valuable gifts in your carry on and not in your checked baggage. Not sure if it’s OK to carry it onboard? Check out Hawkair’s Know Before You Go for carry on and checked baggage restrictions.
- Check in early & save. Hawkair web check in is available 24 hours prior to departure, so you can get your e-boarding pass early and breeze through airport check in. You’ll also save by emailing or printing your own boarding pass! Remember to leave extra time and plan for lots of traffic and long lines at security.
- Pick your seats. Holiday flights fill up fast. Hawkair’s advance seat selection lets you select your seat when you book your ticket so you can pick your favourite seat or make sure your family all gets to sit together on the plane.
- Expect the unexpected & don’t stress! Busy holiday travel during winter conditions can result in delays from weather and the high volume of travelers. If your travel plans take an unexpected delay, Hawkair’s Inflight Menu offers snack options to prevent you from getting hangry, and our seasonal vodka cranberry drink special will help keep you full of holiday cheer!
From our Hawkair family to yours, we wish you a safe and happy holiday season!